Latest Books for Entrepreneurs in May 2015
A Quick Look at 5 of the Latest Books for Entrepreneurs
The Entrepreneurs Library presents some of the latest books for entrepreneurs in May 2015. These books are brand new to the market and the authors are in line to give a thorough deep dive of their books. Stay tuned this month for the release of the interviews with these great books and their authors. Below is an overview of what Amazon has to say about these books:
1) Unselling by Scott Stratten & Allison Kramer
You don’t need social media, but you can be connecting with your clients socially. Your video doesn’t have to be viral in front of a million people, just contagious in front of your specific market. Content, connection, engagement. It’s time to separate from the pack of noise.
UnSelling is about everything but the sell. We put all of our focus on the individual purchase transaction, while putting the rest of our business actions second. We’ve become blind to customer service, support, branding, experiences and even product quality.
In this book Scott Stratten teaches sales companies how to see the big picture in order to:
— Create repeat customers, not one-time buyers
— Create loyal clients that refer others, not faceless numbers
— Become the go-to company for something, before they even need you
After reading UnSelling, there will be no doubt in your mind that it’s true. Up to 60 percent of all purchases are made before the sales pitch even begins, yet we still focus on the sales funnel above all else. UnSelling is about removing this “funnel vision,” reaching out to clients in a meaningful way, and becoming the go-to brand. The sales figures will follow.
Learn more about Scott Stratten | Buy Unselling on Amazon
2) S.U.M.O: 10th Anniversary Edition by Paul McGee
Now newly updated to celebrate 10 years since its first publication and including up-to-date case studies and examples, as well brand new exercises to test yourself, S.U.M.O: 10th Anniversary Edition will help SUMO fans, as well as SUMO amateurs, get more out of this bestselling, self-help classic.
Weighing in with humor, insight, practical tips, and personal anecdotes, it’s a thought provoking and possibly life-changing read. In this special 10th anniversary edition, including fresh stories and updates throughout, Paul McGee’s bestselling book will show you how to:
- — Create and enjoy a brilliant life
- — Change your response to life’s challenges
- — Take responsibility for your own life and avoid being a victim
- — Recover from life’s setbacks and stop putting things off
- — Increase your understanding and awareness of other people’s worlds
Learn more about Paul McGee | Buy S.U.M.O. on Amazon
3) How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? by Todd Tresidder
In one evening you can know more about how much money you need to retire than your financial adviser. This book is a practical, no-nonsense guide complete with a step-by-step plan that tells you how much money you need to retire with confidence.
The conventional approach used by experts to determine how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. The worst part is you won’t even know it until it’s too late. This book takes you behind the scientific facade of modern retirement planning to reveal:
- — Why most estimates for how much you need to retire are a case of garbage-in garbage-out causing you to either overspend and run out of money or underspend so that you never get to enjoy your savings.
- — The 5 critical assumptions that can destroy your financial security. Which one are you making?
- — 3 models for estimating how much money you need to retire (your financial planner only knows 1 and it’s not the best).
- — How to reduce the amount you need to retire by $300,000–$600,000 or more.
- — How to plan for inflation, changes in Social Security, and much more so you don’t run out of money before you run out of life.
- — 7 creative ways to spend less while also improving lifestyle.
Learn more about Todd Tresidder | Buy How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? on Amazon
4) Leading with Cultural Intelligence: 2nd Edition by David Livermore
With Cultural Intelligence, or CQ, you can lead effectively in any context. Now fully updated, the second edition of Leading with Cultural Intelligence features brand new research, case studies, and statistics on the ROI of improving your CQ, as well as fresh examples from Google, IBM, Facebook, and other organizations. Practical and insightful, the book presents a powerful, four-part model for becoming more adept at managing across cultures:
- — Drive. Boost your own motivation for, and confidence in, interacting with other cultures.
- — Knowledge. Understand how differences such as values, norms, religion, family, laws, education, languages, and economic influences affect the way people think and behave.
- — Strategy. Learn to plan ahead for unfamiliar cultural settings while remaining flexible.
- — Action. Choose the right verbal and nonverbal behaviors, depending on context, and successfully adapt your behavior to each situation.
With Leading with Cultural Intelligence as your guide, you’ll be able to thrive in any business environment – whether it’s across the world or in your own backyard.
“As more companies go global, we need a better understanding of how to function as leaders across cultural boundaries. Now more than ever, our shrinking world needs what’s in David Livermore’s new book!” — Ken Blanchard, Coauthor, The One Minute Manager
“For those leaders who want to succeed in today’s increasingly global and interdependent environment, Leading with Cultural Intelligence is for you. Now, more than ever, applying this simple four-step cycle will prepare you for tomorrow’s world.” — Paul Polman, Chief Executive Officer, Unilever
Learn more about David Livermore | Buy Leading with Cultural Intelligence on Amazon
5) The Power of Passion in Leadership by Hans Finzel
Life is too short to settle for less than the best—especially if we are called to lead other people. Leading from the heart is working and leading from your passion zone. Why does leading from the heart really matter?
In this short new passion-packed book by Dr. Hans Finzel, you will learn what it means to work in your “passion zone.” Hans explains from his own journey, how to find your passion zone and what action steps to take if you are far from that place of fulfillment.
People love following leaders whose hearts are fueled by passion. This book will help you uncover what passion in your work really is, and how to find it, no matter what stage you are at in your career. The advice in this book is especially powerful for anyone in a role of leadership that is experiencing boredom or burn out.
“If you’ve lost your passion, or never quite found it, read this book! It will teach you how to lead with a heart that is fully alive.” – Kathrine Lee – Life & Business Strategist
“Hans Finzel’s warning to leaders is convicting: ‘You have two choices to make. Whatever you do, make one of the two. The worst mistake is to do nothing.’ Whether now, or in some lonely leadership days ahead, trust me–you must read this book. – John Pearson – Author, Mastering the Management Buckets
Learn more about Hans Finzel | Buy The Power of Passion in Leadership on Amazon